Skip to content

Mistakes were made

Discuss any topic here
8 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar ynpmoose Exile Admin / Scripter

I wanted to share a personal DOH! story from yesterday....

There was a bad thunderstorm here yesterday at the time I was leaving work, including a tornado warning, telling us to find shelter immediately. My Waze app told me there was an accident on the main roads, and so I took a back road. I came to a branch on the road that was in both lanes, but it was small enough to move. I hopped out and moved it. I returned to my truck to find it locked....and running, in the middle of the road, with my phone inside. I must have bumped it with my elbow on the way out. So there I stood, in heavy rain and lightning, a 15 minute drive from home, staring at the keypad on the door, for which I had never took a minute to learn the code... full of regret. A woman stopped and let me use her phone to call home. Thankfully my wife was there, because I don't have her cell memorized...another failure, I know. My wife doesn't know that back way, so all I could do is give her the address of the nearest house, hoping I had the right road name (I had the right name, but called it Road instead of Drive), and told her to put it in her GPS. The woman gave me an umbrella to keep and said she had to go. Thankfully, I didn't need to stay out in the lightning with an umbrella, as the guy at the house came out and let me stand in his garage until my wife arrived, 20 minutes later.

Not my finest hour.
User avatar Omen Site Admin

You should set your truck key code to your exile vehicle codes, then you'll never forget it!

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 pmOmen wrote:
You should set your truck key code to your exile vehicle codes, then you'll never forget it!
Hmm, not a bad idea.
User avatar Turazo

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:42 amynpmoose wrote:
I wanted to share a personal DOH! story from yesterday...

Not my finest hour.
I wouldn't like to be in your pants at that moment.... All I can imagine at this point is the self "disrespect" that one might feel in the moment you realize you can't enter your own car and phone is inside... That face should worth a million dollars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to know everything turned out positive at the end!!!
User avatar Omen Site Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pmTurazo wrote:
That face should worth a million dollars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This was moose

Thankfully my wife wasn't as annoyed as I expected her to be. :)
User avatar Turazo

This was moose

[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 pmOmen wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pmTurazo wrote:
That face should worth a million dollars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This was moose

I realized this morning that I could have pulled dash cam footage for comparison, but it's too late. :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1