Skip to content

Information on AI spawning or patrolling

Chat about everything Exile
4 posts Page 1 of 1
justinrick

Is there any information on AI spawning or patrolling? I have had some pop up on my team in the middle of nowhere before and just wondering if it is time based, location based, or along the line of that.
User avatar Omen Site Admin

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pmjustinrick wrote:
Is there any information on AI spawning or patrolling? I have had some pop up on my team in the middle of nowhere before and just wondering if it is time based, location based, or along the line of that.
Here are the relevant items of the feature list for the AI system we use.

* Automatically-generated static AI spawns: A3XAI will spawn an AI group at various named locations on the map if players are nearby.
* Dynamic AI spawns: A3XAI will create ambient threat in the area for each player by periodically spawning AI to create unexpected ambush encounters. These AI may occasionally seek out and hunt a player.
* Random AI spawns: A3XAI will create spawns that are randomly placed around the map and are periodically relocated. These spawns are preferentially created in named locations, but may be also created anywhere in the world.
* Air and land vehicle AI patrols: AI patrol in vehicles around the map, looking for players to hunt down. Cars and trucks may roam the road, and helicopters (or jets) search the skies for players. Helicopters with available cargo space may also occasionally deploy an AI group by parachute.
* UAV and UGV patrols: Currently an experimental feature in testing. UAVs and UGVs patrol around the map, and if armed, will engage detected players. UAVs and UGVs may also call for AI reinforcements.
* Custom AI spawns: Users may also define custom infantry and vehicle AI spawns at specified locations.
User avatar Spetzna909

Thanks for the info. We were curious, because there has been numerous times when we have zero warning aside from hearing a foot step or two right before we get popped. No radio chatter, no notification, nothing. Step, step, dead. I get that this is really challenging, but sometimes it feels like a lost cause if you stay in one spot for longer then 2 minutes.

I do have one question. Will a territory flag cause AI to not spawn anymore, or will they continue to spawn around the base as normal?
User avatar Omen Site Admin

I feel you on that. There have been times I'm out in the middle of nowhere, chopping wood and all of a sudden start taking fire from wandering rural AI.

As for AI not spawning if a flag is there; I am not really sure because I've had a flag way out away from pretty much everything, out on a peninsula and watch them mosey on over to my base.
4 posts Page 1 of 1